Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Share The Road

A public service message from a friendly driver:

For the record, I am just fine sharing the road with bicycles. I love to see examples of folks reducing the carbon footprint and staying healthy. Go, riders, go!

I'm just going to say this, though. Bike riders have to follow the same rules that cars do. If you're going to ride in traffic, stop at the same stops cars do. Signal, please, when going left or right. Don't zig on and off the sidewalks - commit to one or the other. Cars aren't as agile as bikes, and if we can't anticipate where you're going to be, the results could lead to a big mess.

Let's just all agree to observe the same flow. I'll slow down for you. I'll pass you with plenty of room. I'll give you the respect that's due, so please do the same for me. We can all get along, get where we need to go, and stay alive. It's real easy.

Thanks for listening.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny that you posted this. Just today Kenny was telling me about a co-worker that was having work done on his car....because a biker got pissed at him (his co-worker did nothing wrong, just obeyed the stop sign and the biker didn't). The co-worker calmly ignored his freaking out and tried to go around him. The biker then kicked his car door making a HUGE dent in it. His co-worker pulled over to discuss this and the biker took off. Not cool man, not cool at all! Kenny and I just talked about bikers today and said the same thing, you respect us and we'll respect you. And maybe they need to have license plates, too!

    ReplyDelete