Saturday, May 25, 2013

My Two Year Old Says...

The mind of a two year old is amazing, and kind of bizarre.
Here are some things that come out of my daughter's mouth on a daily basis:

On Observing The Body:

"There's a spider in my (va)gina!"
(There was a spider in the tub, but we removed it promptly, and it was no where near her girl parts.)

"When I am big I am going to get boobs!"
(Said to a random woman at the playground.)

"This is my scary monster booty."

On Random Scary Things:

"There is a ladybug in my diaper! A ladybug in my diaper!"
(Upon investigation, no visible ladybug.)

(hysterically) "There is a dog in the window!"
(The window is 15 feet off the ground. And there is no visible dog.)

"There's a robot in the kitchen! Is it gone?"
(There is no visible robot.)

"There is a monster in the curtain!"
(No visible monster.)

On Observing Tragedy (her own and others):

"That baby is sad. She needs her mommy."

"I've got big tears!"

"I fell down went boom"

And,

"That was surprising!"
(Spoken after trauma of said falling down going boom.)

1 comment:

  1. I love some of those, and then some of those are spooky! I remember my nephew Will always seeing a person, or a face, either down the hall, or on the wall in his room, etc. But the scariest is having a spider in the vagina! NOOOooooo.

    Love 'this is my scary monster booty!' I can just see Arli saying all of those things!

    Ha!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete