Monday, April 29, 2013

Blessings

I've had an intense month. Lots of weird and uncomfortable things happening. I didn't want to cast a dark cloud over the whole internet, so I haven't posted my quota for the month, although I've had many, many thoughts.

Today seems a little lighter, and I'd like to share some things that I'm grateful for, just to spin this bus around if nothing else.

1. I am grateful for my family and friends. My little nuclear family with my sweet husband and amazing, sassy little daughter, and also for my vast and good-hearted extended family. Some people have no family at all. I have a giant, supportive family and tons of awesome, caring friends. I am fortunate beyond belief.

2. I am grateful for my old, solid and strangely patched-together house. It's not fancy, but it's mine and I'm happy to have it.

3. I am grateful for a cupboard full of food. Maybe too full of food.

4. I am grateful for my incredibly frustrating, stressful and challenging job. I work with people that I love. I am never bored. I get paid well. The work keeps on coming in, and I am improving myself every day.

5. I am grateful for my human life. I'm learning a lot, and trying to be a good person. Hopefully this will balance out the negative karma and I will be able to do something really great for all beings someday.

That's the overview. I'm looking up. The sun is shining. I think I'll go breathe some air.

No comments:

Post a Comment