Saturday, December 29, 2012

I Did It!

In January of 2012, I made a commitment to my creative self to write a blog post at least once a week (or 4x/month). I'm happy to say that I kept that commitment throughout the year, and even wrote a little more than expected.

With all that goes on in my daily, weekly, monthly life what gets neglected the most is me. I don't eat right, I don't take very good care of my body, I sure as hell don't sleep enough, and I don't honor who I am as a creative, inspired human being. I forget that I am also someone other than a wife, mama, daughter, friend or employee with a task list a mile and a half long. I don't totally forget, but it's just not a priority to take time out to really remember that my life is more than a task list.

This blog thing was in an effort to keep remembering who I am, and remembering that I have relevant thoughts sometimes. I'm pretty proud of it. I feel that other than raising my daughter and keeping my life (more or less) on the rails, that this is my most important accomplishment of the year.

Hooray for me! I don't have a lot of huge victories to celebrate these days, so it's these little ones that really, really matter.

I think I'll keep it up. See you in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment