Monday, December 9, 2013

Mixed Media

The girl has declared herself an artist. I'm so ok with this it isn't even funny. I don't care how messy it gets or even how much money I am sure to spend on various supplies. I'm even secretly hoping she runs with it. Ssshhhhhhh!

In addition to the amazing scissors and glue sticks she recently acquired, she got a frame decorating kit for her birthday. She proceeded to use every single sticker, jewel, color of paint and glitter pen on every millimeter of space on the frame. Hey, it's her vision!
 
The work in progress:
 
 
 
When she was finished with that, she took the paint and branched out to the paper on the easel:
 
 
 
Not wanting to be confined by medium, she proceeded to paint over all the Christmas stickers and faces that she had already drawn:
 
 
 
Still not satisfied (I like the spirit!), she added some crayon the next day:
 
 
 
Perhaps the final touches will be this layer of glued on paper for contrast, and some fringe cut on the edges:
 
 
 
She seems to constantly be in the cycle of creation and destruction. It's a fascinating (and kind of maddening) process to observe. I love how deeply concentrated she looks when she's really into it:
 
 
 
I hope she never loses her experimental spirit, and is never afraid to express herself.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: