Monday, December 9, 2013

Mars


As you can see, the Mars landscape (aka potty chart) is coming along nicely. Lots of mid-size stickers for pee and a couple of big ones for when she tried to go #2 in the potty.

Here is a typical scenario and conversation about pooping:

A goes in the other room, out of my sight, and gets very quiet. The only time she's not talking, singing or otherwise chattering, is when she's asleep and when she's pooping where she shouldn't be. I can usually find her behind the couch or the curtain. Head down, eyes up, looking guilty.

Me: A, are you pooping?

A (quiet, strained voice): No.

And when I go in there, I'm greeted with: Get out of here! Go away!

I'm not sure what I can do with that, other than stay calm and keep encouraging her to go in the potty. This child does not take the easy way, ever. She will get it eventually, I can only assume.

Mars is getting crowded. I'm about to switch out that background for a nature scene for all the beautiful glitter butterfly stickers I just got. I'm hoping to populate it with many LARGE butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment