Monday, June 24, 2013

Dreamer

Is it genetic to have crazy vivid dreams? I am a pretty wild dreamer. I work out all of my anxiety while I'm sleeping. It's often not very restful, I have to say, but it is always interesting.

Lately A has been waking up telling the strangest stories about adventures that we're sure she's never really had in this life. She woke up one day talking all about what Dora and Diego were doing, and another day telling us all about Curious George. It's like she picks up where she leaves off with the bedtime stories.

Sometimes she says things that are kind of disturbing. The other day, she was telling me that Daddy was crying. Yesterday, she woke up crying, telling me that Old Daddy had a blue face and he was looking at her. It kind of freaked me out!

If she is seeing into the future, I'm hoping that rather than a premonition about her Daddy's death, maybe he is going to find his true calling in the Blue Man Group. Those guys have blue faces and they stare pretty good! It could happen, right?

I can tell these are going to be tricky waters to navigate, but being a wild dreamer myself and with all my beliefs about waking and dreaming life, maybe I can help her sort it all out as she gets more aware of things. We'll see, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment