Saturday, November 16, 2013

Something Delicious

If you are so inclined, might I recommend a delicious alcoholic beverage that I have recently discovered? I don't know what it is officially called, but it is deee-lish!

The Recipe:
One bottle of Angry Orchard hard apple cider
One shot of caramel flavored vodka

Alternate Recipe, in the case that you can't find caramel vodka:
One bottle of Angry Orchard hard apple cider (maybe another kind would work too, I don't know)
One shot of regular old vodka (I used Grey Goose)
One splash of Torani caramel syrup (I could only find sugar free, and it was yummy!)

Now, I will say that while I don't mind frilly chick drinks, I always roll my eyes at flavored vodka. I mean, really. What is the deal with marshmallow flavored alcohol, or cotton candy? Yuck! I've never been a fan of any kind of sugary drinks (although I like sugary food maybe more than I ought to), so sugary vodka sounds like a big ol' head bomb to me.

This concoction, though, puts the caramel flavor to good use, and it balances nicely with the bitter cider. It's not hard on those of us prone to alcoholic headaches, either, and that's a bonus! It's a nice treat for when you are in the mood for a relaxing, yet not taxing, adult beverage.

2 comments:

  1. Hard cider is my fav drink and I love caramel. I'm not a fan of vodka, but I might just have to try this. MMM...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably don't even need the vodka! :)

    ReplyDelete