Monday, September 10, 2012

Head in the Clouds

I have this problem sometimes where my head gets stuck in the clouds. Right now is a good example. I really need to be working on some budgets and schedules and what-not, but I can't get into the spirit of it. I know logically that I have to work to support my family, blah, blah, blah, but I'd much rather be lying in the grass looking up at the sky and pondering existence. When do I get to do that?

I'd have to schedule that into my weekend, I guess, and the weekend is just too packed with catching up on the dishes, necessary errands, and spending quality time with you-know-who. I'm sure she wouldn't mind going to hang out in a grassy field, but she certainly wouldn't just lie there and ponder. I'd be chasing her all over hill and dale, and well, that would be fun, but it's not exactly relaxing.

And, honestly, if I did actually get to lie in the grass, I wouldn't do any pondering. Let's get real. I'd probably just think about all the things I need to get done, be missing my girl, or I'd just fall asleep with my mouth open like a big dork. I guess I'd be better off just scheduling a nap.

On the very rare occasion, I do get to schedule a nap. Yesterday I got up so flippin' early and by 9:30 I was barely keeping one eye open. When Jeff finally rolled out of bed, I mumbled incoherently something about needing to sleep and stumbled into the bedroom. I was in there for over an hour, but I didn't really get much sleep and this is why - I was unknowingly trying to rest during ping-pong practice. We don't actually have a table, so Arli was throwing the ball against the bedroom wall repeatedly. Also we don't have any paddles or a nice quiet ping-pong ball, so she was using her mighty fist to throw a wooden ball. That was loud, and not very restful. My scheduling mistake for sure.

It is Monday and here I am. Nine projects in various stages of development, and none of them relaxing or very forgiving as far as taking time out to ponder. I will push through and get it all done, of course I will. That is my deal with the universe.

Someday, I will just take that time to lie in the grass and ponder. I don't know when, but it will be so delicious when it finally happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment