Sunday, September 15, 2013

Spider Town

The spider population around here is tremendous! There is one big mama in particular that gives me shudders. I don't quite have the heart to rip her web down because it's not really in my way, and I know she's just trying to live. I also fear that if I pulled on it, she could come swinging down and smack me in the face (or anywhere on my body!). Oh man, she is intimidating.



Also, I am glad I'm not another spider. And this is why - there you are, just minding your own business, trying to rebuild after the rain.
 
 
You get a little too close to big mama...
 

And BLAM! She snaps you up, spins you furiously, and crushes you into a little ball. (This is where I start to scream, just a little.)
 
 
Pretty soon you are a tiny, unrecognizable snack. (I can't believe I've just witnessed this, and I start to back up and get A into the house, quickly!)

 



This is A's take on the whole thing: "Don't worry Mama. She won't eat you. It will be ok. I will save you!"
 
And this is where I realize my toddler is more mature than I am. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment