Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Train Is On The Track

The fierce glare.
The shaking the head no for just about any reason or no reason at all.
The throwing food off the table with great force if it doesn't please her.
The standing and marching in the tub, despite the order to sit down.
The going completely limp and raising of arms so you can't pick her up, followed by extreme flailing of limbs when she doesn't want to do something.
The crumbling on the floor and weeping when she doesn't get what she wants.

They say this happens, but I was kind of hoping that I had a miracle child who would be so wonderful all the time that she would skip this stage. Ha! I'm a fool! The "terrible twos" are coming, and they're coming quick. I'm not sure how to batten down the hatches on this one, but I think I need to find out.

If this is just a preparatory phase for adolescence, I'm afraid. Very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment