Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fat Pants

I have a conundrum. I have to show up to executive meetings sometimes, but besides that, and in general, I need to dress better. I can get piles of cheap stuff at Fred Meyer or Target or Old Navy all day long, and I do, but then I end up with piles of cheap stuff overflowing out of my drawers and closets. It all serves its purpose, I am clothed and there is variety, but in the end it is what it is. Cheap stuff. Now that I'm officially middle-aged, I need to look snazzier!

So that leads me to the problem. No, not really money as you might think. I could put a little money aside for a clothing budget, or go a little crazy on the credit card with a payment plan in mind. It all goes back to the weight thing. The reason I don't spend a little more and get nicer clothes is that for probably 15 years now, I've been planning on getting down to a certain size. Over the years though, I just get further and further from that "ideal".  My clothes get cheaper because they're "temporary", and way more unpleasant to shop for.

Do I spend money now to buy clothes that will fit this body now? Or do I continue to wait for the weight? I don't know what to do! Maybe I should spend a little money on some weight loss hypnosis first and see what happens.

I suppose this gets filed under first world problems, huh? Curse you, fat pants. Curse you.

2 comments:

  1. Wanna know what I think...you kinda asked, right? :) Get "good" clothes that fit your body now. That will make you feel better and give you more motivation to get to where you want to go. I totally get the "cheap" stuff syndrome. I have that bad. I don't have the energy or time to go get good clothes, so quick fixes like Old Navy is where I end up. Then in 6 months my clothes look like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did ask, and I thank you for your comment. I think you are right!

    ReplyDelete